A RIP (Rasterized Image Processor) is a system that converts page description language to rasterimage and outputs to an imaging device. Founder began research on RIP technology since 1975. Founder’s EagleRIP Flexo is a native PDF interpreter, with high speed performance, advanced screening technology and good layout application compatibility. EagleRIP Flexo not only supports flexo printing, but also supports offset printing.
Founder’s EagleRIP creates superb quality PDF and PostScript jobs. Complex documents, vivid colors, transparent objects, files with embedded ICC profiles and smooth shading are consistently processed to meet the high standards of the most demanding customer. EagleRIP provides support for features within PDF 1.7 and PostScript 3.
Ensure the output t is accurate by digitally previewing color anddot shape prior to committing to physical output. EagleRIP lets you previewcolor separations and composites, and includes preview functions such as Zoom,Negative, Mirror, Rotate and Screen preview of the bitmap dot.
EagleRIP screen dot shapes allow users to select the dot that ensures maximum printing quality.Nine standard screenings include Euclidean Round, Rhomb, Ellipse, Diamond, Pure Round, Sharp Ellipse,Square, Cross and FM screening. Optional screenings such as EagleAM, EagleFM, EagleFAM (AM & FM hybrid printing) and EagleAGS (gravure printing) are available as plug-ins.
EagleAM screening option
Adopts new screen angle technology ( /- 7.5) comparing to the traditional AM screening angle (15, 45, 90, 75).
a. Improves the rosette pattern, gray level is exquisite and smooth.
b. More accurate angles produces higher quality.
c. Better reproduction of gradient shading and overprint effect of tints and skin color.
d. Suitable for printing high frequency images on CTP (greater than 300LPI).
EagleFM screening option
Base on green noise FM technology & Founder Second Order FM Technology using variable dot size and variable spacing.
a. Control the randomicity of dots, ensuring the smooth middle tone.
b. Smooth transition at continuous tones, keeping details at overlapped colors.
c. Light area and shadow area can use different dot size for easy press and expanding the color gamut.
What’s New in EagleRIP Flexo 5.0
(1) Update to the latest RIP kernel, improve the PDF compatibility.
(2) Adopt license code for encryption instead of hardware dongle.
(3) Support FlexoRound dot shape: New screening technology for flexo printing, pure round dot shape with 7.5 degrees offset.
(4) Support optional FlexoRound Balance dotshape: On highlight, based on AM screening technology, we adopt dots with different sizes - small, medium and large, increase gray level. This special technology can break the limitation of highlight dots in flexo printing and reproduce 1% or smaller dot.
(5) Support optional Miracle Cell technology:Increase ink density of shadow in flexo printing. On shadow, based on FM screening technology, adds extract tiny dots in the shadow, this special technology greatly improves the shortage of insufficient solid ink of flexoprinting, and get a excellent print quality.
(7) Only support TIFF and Winprint device driver.
(8) Support Spanish and Korean GUI.
(9) Implement highest image resolution to 9600dpi, achieve more accurate images, smoother tints and a greater color gamut. (Support 2400/2540/2800/3200/3600/4000/4800/5080/5600/6000/7200/8000/9600 dpi)
(10)Support lower frequency for example 40/50/65/87lpi, now FlexoRound screening supports 40/50/65/87/100/110/120/133/150/165/175/200lpi for each resolution.
(11) How to install EagleRIP Flexo 5.0 in yourexisting OS?
1. You need to uninstall the EagleRIP old version such as v4.5/4.3/4.2/4.01/4.0.
2. Run "AutoRun.exe" file of EagleRIP Flexo 5.0 and click on "Install EagleRIP" to install EagleRIP5.0.
3. Please note that EagleRIP Flexo5.0 only supports TIFF/Winprint device driver.
4. Any problem, please contact us [email protected]
1. PostScript 3 and PDF 1.7 RIP with native PDF interpreter
Supports PDF 1.7 document features including transparency, embedded ICC Profiles, 128-bit encryption, JPEG2000 filter etc.
2. TIFF 1-bit output
Productive ROOM (RIP Once, Output Many) solution accepted by digital proofing, CTF and CTP workflow solutions
Driver can generate 1-bit TIFF file with no compression and CCITT GROUP4, or 8-bit TIFF file with no compression, LZW and Packbits
What's new of Flexo screening in the latest version?
EagleRIP Flexo latest version supports lower frequency for example 40/50/65/87lpi, now FlexoRound screening supports 40/50/65/87/100/110/120/133/150/165/175/200lpi for each resolution.
EagleRIP Flexo implements highest image resolution to 9600dpi, achieve more accurate images, smoother tints and a greater color gamut. (Support
Flexo screening supports below resolution and frequency
The screening data in red in above table does not support miracle cell, for example FlexoRound with 4000dpi/40lpi does not apply miracle cell result even if this option is selected.
EagleRIP Flexo supports flexo screening and miracle cell techonology.
FlexoRound: New screening technology for flexoprinting, pure round dot shape with 7.5 degrees offset.
FlexoRound Balance: On highlight, we adopt dots with different sizes - small, medium and large, increase gray level. This special technology breaks the limitation of highlight dots in flexo printing, reproduce 1% or smaller dot.
Miracle Cell technology: Increase ink density of shadow in flexo printing, this special technology greatly improves the shortage of insufficient solid ink of flexo printing.
Real dot preview tool:
RealDot Viewer, an essential checking tool. By browsing all the details of the real dot on the monitor, to do the final check before printing, so as to secure the output file on flexo CTP plate is
perfect without any error.